Mon - Fri: 9am - 7pm
EMAIL / SMS CONTACTDue to nature of our work we can serve you more efficiently when you contact us using contact form and provide moderate details about the project. Thank you!
direct: 289 400 3289
office: 905 467 4124
1244 Speers Rd.
We offer 20% DISCOUNT between Dec 1 and Mar 31
We use one of the best on the market Benjamin Moore © AURA© paints
We use German, environmentally friendly, waterborne finish based on polyurethane-acrylate with excellent wear and scratch resistance
OUR PROCESS - STAIRS & RAILINGS
INSTALLATION | REFINISHING | SALES
EUROPEAN CRAFTMENSHIP since 1989
OAKVILLE, MISSISSAUGA, TORONTO, BURLINGTON, MILTON, HAMILTON
At Stairs 2 U we take pride in our European Craftsmanship and high quality standards brought back from Europe and passed from father to son.
We strive to keep the high quality standards in order to keep the client satisfied.
All the work is performed with high precision and accuracy.
Refinishing hardwood stairs - steps in photos
CleannessIn order to keep high quality standards and minimize disruption to your regular lifestyle, we strive to keep the working area clean and safe
- Sanders connected to vacuum cleaners
- Working area vacuumed and cleaned on daily basis
- If possible, working area separated from the rest of the house (using foil dust protection barrier)
- Most of the cuts performed in the garage, which is thoroughly cleaned after work completion
- All customer concerns are taken under consideration
Steps in refinishing existing hardwood stairs and railings:
Refinishing hardwood stairs - step 1Carefully remove existing railings
Refinishing hardwood stairs - step 2Sand existing hardwood treads (completely remove existing varnish and stain).
Refinishing hardwood stairs - step 3Fix holes and imperfections.
Refinishing hardwood stairs - step 4Apply stain and 3 coats of urethane varnish to hardwood stairs.
Refinishing hardwood stairs - step 5Protect hardwood stairs treads with masking tape.
Refinishing hardwood stairs - step 6Paint risers and stringers (usually white paint)
Refinishing hardwood stairs - step 7Refinish railings (existing stain / paint / varnish stripped down and new finishing applied)
Refinishing hardwood stairs - step 8Install railings
Steps in refinishing hardwood stairs and railings
(with existing carpet on the stairs)
- Carefully remove existing railings.
- Remove existing carpet.
- Cut sticking out pine parts.
- Cover cuts with 3/8 or 1/2" veneer (risers).
- Repair stringers (patching up holes, imperfections).
- Paint stringers.
- Pre-finish new treads (stain, varnish).
- Install new treads, on the top of existing pine construction.
- Refinish railings (existing stain / paint / varnish stripped down and new finishing applied)
- Install railings
Timeline of refinishing hardwood stairs:Typically, refinishing of one set of stairs and railings (13 steps) requires about 8-9 working days (mainly because of the drying time of multiple paint and varnish coats)
We also offer the following hardwood staircase services:
- Rebuild / Repair staircase
- Eliminate stairs squashing
- New hardwood staircase installation
- Hardwood and metal railings - sales and installation
- Custom spindles and posts
- Custom staircase design
About Our Partner
Artistic Floor Design
Our Artistic solid doors are handcrafted by our exclusive artists. These doors are uniquely crafted in any wood type, shape, size and thickness of your choice including exotic wood. All designs on panels are carved in solid wood. We will create your dream door and other wood work.
We specialize in custom carpentry, stairs and railings, mouldings, interior trims and custom wood workings. We also hand carve Kitchen solid door facings, fireplace mantels and columns. They are uniquely hand carved by our artist in any design of your choice.
There are no limitations to what we can create.
We make custom flooring medallions, borders full flooring service, or any kind of wood material or design on the floor.